What’s your vision for the year? And this party…
How to throw a vision boarding party
Ah, the turn of the year, and won’t we all be ever so reflective? Don’t worry, 20/20 vision is so almost three years ago. In 2023 (coming soon!), this is how to do a vision board. You’ve maybe heard of vision boarding before, and we want to invite you to rethink it. In all of our day-to-day responsibilities, we really don’t take enough time to zoom out and look at our lives. Where we’re going. Where we want to be going. Who we want to go with. How are we getting there? These are the sorts of ideas we invite you to think about in creating your vision board. Invite your friends to join in with you, and get dreaming, cutting, and gluing together. Now, here’s some guidance from our pros to envision your vision boarding party.
Click to jump to each section:
These are the essential must-haves for your prep list. If you happen to have a supply worthy of an elementary school teacher’s inventory, you’re set. If not (no problem, we thought you might not), see the list of supplies below for your guests to bring.
- Cardboard foundation
- ~Save some cardboard from a package to use as your canvas
- ~Size: No set sizes here, but we recommend 8.5” x 11” — 22” x 28”
- ~Optional: Poster or foam board instead of cardboard
- Magazines, newspapers, mailings etc. to go through
- ~Think of your favorite brands that send you their catalogs. They most likely will have something in there to inspire you.
- ~The more the better!
- Glue stick, glue gun, and/or tape
- Optional: Glitter, scrapbook borders and supplies, stickers
- ~Use fun wrapping paper to cover the board as a background
Ask Guests To Bring
- Glue or tape
What’s the point of a vision board? Oh, prepare to be inspired and leave dreaming big, ready for action.
Define: Vision Board [ˈviZHən bôrd] (noun): the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom, as expressed on a thin, flat piece of stiff material
- The concept of vision boarding is to help you clearly envision your goals and priorities each day throughout the year. It is thought that seeing them repeatedly—whether just in passing by or focused on—will cement in your subconscious.
- Employs the use of the Law of Attraction
Basically, a vision board helps you carve out time to tangibly see what lights you up, and what areas of life you want to grow and develop in. When you see these items and ideas that you physically picked and cut out day after day... you'll see that something just starts to happen.
**Make sure to put it somewhere you regularly see it.
Ask these questions to your guests to get them thinking, dreaming, envisioning.
- Where do you see this year going?
- What are your goals for the year?
- How are you working toward them?
- When do you feel most authentically you?
- What inspires you?
- What makes you feel whole?
- What challenges are you working to overcome?
Your parameters. AKA: The who, the how, and the fine print.
- Great for a small group so people feel comfortable and supported
- Consider inviting guests who you know will appreciate the concept, as well as be open to sharing with each other. This one is all about engagement. You never know who could leave you inspired!
- ~For further inviting guidance: How To Make A Guest List
- Set a time limit and leave some time in the end for sharing with each other
- ~We recommend 30—60 minutes for the vision boarding activity
- ~Some guests will work quicker than others, but we don’t want any daydreamers out there to feel rushed
- ~This is where the background podcasts come in handy (but we’re sure your guests are also well-versed in chatting amongst themselves)
- Make sure to have trash bins for scraps
So, how does one actually create a vision board? Guide your guests in our 8 Simple Steps:
- Use your cardboard (or poster or foam board) as your blank canvas.
- Wrap board like a very thin present with wrapping paper, if using. Secure with tape.
- Flip through magazines: Cut or tear out any images or words that catch your eye, or align with your answers to the "Inspire Questions".
- Arrange magazine selections on your vision board.
- Rearrange and add your personality where applicable.
- Glue or tape magazine selections to secure to board.
- Write in any necessary words to guide or clarify your vision.
- Place your vision board where you can see it everyday!
To Pair With
Our party planners have been deep in the workshops of parties, so apply these tips for your vision boarding party to the design, layout, and inspo of the following Partytrick parties:
To Eat & Drink
Dreaming big and expressing yourself requires adequate fuel (at least we tell ourselves this). These eats are easy to prep and fun to munch on.
- Wine, Beer, Sparkling Water & Juices
- Crudité Platter
- Mixed Nuts
- Pita & Hummus
- Sandwich Wraps (e.g. Ham & Cheese, Veg.) cut into smaller slices. Can be adapted to be GF with appropriate tortillas.
- Fruit Platter: Grapes, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Pineapple
We’re all about an inspirational talk show happening, whether in the foreground or background. Turn up these podcasts and may the aspirations be limitless.
- Dear Gabby
- Super Soul Conversations
- The Expanded Podcast with Lacy Phillips
- On Purpose with Jay Shetty
- We Can Do Hard Things
- Unlocking Us with Brené Brown
- The Tony Robbins Podcast
- Huberman Lab
- The Mindset Mentor with Rob Dial
- The Daily Stoic
Are we feeling invigorated, inspired, dreamy, and on top of the world or what? We get excited thinking ahead to the goodness that’s coming. Now’s your chance to join in with us.
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Rosh Hashanah Dinner
Shana Tova! Host family and friends to celebrate Rosh Hashanah with sweet fall flavors and decor. A mix of classic and contemporary dishes and drinks your guests will rave about all year long.
Unicorns Are Real
Welcome to the party where every kiddo feels extra-special and dreams come true!
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Dragons Love Tacos
A birthday party chock full of tacos, dragons, and adorable tributes to the NY Bestselling picture book, “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri.
Coastal Caviar Clambake
The Caviar Co. quintessential summer evening filled with seafood, hydrangeas and the glow of the firepit.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.