A 'How To' When You're Home for the Holidays
With the holidays looking a little bit different this year, we’ve been cooking up a few ways to make sure this time still feels special. At Partytrick, we believe every day is a good day to celebrate, and we’re going to make sure you do, too! If you, like us, could use a bit of a 2020 palette cleanser, check out our suggestions for how to incorporate some slow and easy self-care into your holiday season. Finding the time to take care of you is always worth a celebration! BUT don’t throw away the party blowers just yet. Even if you’re going to be away from friends and family this year, you don’t have to leave the fun out in the cold. We’ve got some ideas to help you spice up being at home for the holidays.
Take care of "yu(le)"
- Enjoy a rosemary or ginger salt bath to soothe fatigue and anxiety.
- Try something you’ve always been curious about – like a new language or the ukulele. Learning new skills is an instant energy boost, so scope out this list from Mashable of fun places on the internet to learn new things!
- Schedule a Zoom watch party of your favorite holiday movie with family or friends – here’s how!
- Whatever your guiltiest pleasure is – do it. It’s all about you, baby. For us, it’s a heaping cart of new beauty products.
- Make something with your hands. Whether it’s baking, drawing, or whittling (we have a friend who whittles spoons from wood all December long), there something very meditative about getting back to basics and making something from nothing. We’ll be busy making everything on A Beautiful Mess’ round-up of easy things to make while watching TV! (And they’d make great presents, too, if you’re still looking for ideas!)
- Be a couch potato – stock the fridge with your favorite foods and spend the day unapologetically catching up on all the shows, podcasts, magazines, and books you’ve been saving up.
- And then get moving – the next day, make sure to stretch (ways to make it fun here!) or take a nice walk (here’s some inspo).
Spice things up
- We love these colorful spicy margarita kits (and they offer other great cocktail kits, too) – mail them to a group of girlfriends and then schedule a Zoom happy hour!
- It hasn’t been a traditional year, so why not scrap the usual family recipes and have a Spanish tapas feast instead? We love these easy recipes from Brit + Co.
- If you’re going to be out and about, dress to the nines! Sequins, faux fur, mile-high boots. (Frankly, we support doing this whether you’re leaving the house or not!) Sparkle, honey! (Get a vintage-style disposable camera and take retro photos of your holiday at home.)
- Have a little tipple and lay on your backs under the tree. What’s said under the Christmas tree, stays under the Christmas tree.
- Really go ALL OUT with the holiday decorations. Since you won’t be soaking up as much of the festive atmosphere around town, bring the North Pole to you. Don’t stop until your home looks like the Saks 5th Avenue Christmas window!
- Play reindeer games! Here are a bunch of fun holiday games you can play at home (and some virtually)!
- Ditch the phones and have a blast with this collection of conversation starters (from family themes to truth or dare for couples)!
- And for our darling little believers, you can actually video chat with Santa here!
Diwali Party: Festival of Lights
Bright lights, florals, and connections – everything you need to host a happy, safe, and blessed Diwali celebration.
Embrace the fall season with good ol' fashioned fun: a little country, totally stylish, and tons of sweet treats. Make this a casual picnic or dress things up with dinner.
Inspired by the easy comfort of brunch with best friends: full plates, tall drinks, and big laughs. This brunch is perfect for celebrations like birthdays, showers, and, just because.
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Everyone's favorite excuse for two Thanksgiving dinners but it always hits differently with your chosen fam. Serve it up family-style or make it a potluck (or, do both!).
Get in that spooky season spirit by gathering the crew to carve pumpkins. Sharpen your knives, it's time to carve!
Cozy, delicious, nostalgic — we capture all those fall feels with our harvest party. Bring in the new season with a get-together that relishes drinks and time with friends.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Tacos are best any night of the week. Plan a festive dinner party and relax, knowing that you can't go wrong when tacos and margs are involved. This fiesta is sure to satisfy.
Embrace the vintage feel of a classic football game for the biggest field goal fans. A true touchdown for this midday outdoor gathering.
Spooky, sexy, sassy, oh my! The season of costumes is finally here — will you be a trick or a treat? A chilling gathering riddled with ghoulish apps and cauldrons of cocktails.
Holiday Hosting with Heather Taylor Home
Get ready to host a festive holiday party a la Heather Taylor Home. Embrace the cozy charm of the season with some of her favorite hosting products, recipes, tips, and tricks!
We did it! We found something your whole family can agree on: this Thanksgiving gathering is fantastic. Let this guide your holiday hosting and make your family proud.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.