How To Cleanse Your Space
Prep for a tarot, palm, or tea reading
Hit refresh & revive
Peering ahead to how you envision hosting your insiders for a reading? The ambience, scents, and atmosphere play a big role here—and you as the artist get to be the conduit through whom they flow. Cleansing your space before a tea, tarot or palm reading party can help create a positive and fresh environment. Here's our guide on how to cleanse your space for your most clarifying circle.
Pssst, have you checked out your Member Perks for discounts? Start & save today!
What you need to cleanse & re-set your space
Less is more, as we are here to cleanse before bringing in the new. But a few small supplies help enhance pressing "refresh" for your setting.
- Herbs: Bundles or loose leaves
- Bells and/or chimes
- Sea salt
- Soothing music
How to cleanse your space for a palm reading
1. Clear clutter
A clean and organized space will help promote a positive energy flow.
- Begin by decluttering the space
- Remove any unnecessary items, like old papers, boxes, or shopping bags lying around
- Move furniture out of the space that is excessive for the setting
Pro Tip: Check out our collab with Homecourt by Courteney Cox for our top tips on making cleaning an enjoyable experience.
2. Open windows
Clear out stagnant energy and bring in a renewed sense of vitality.
- Open the windows to let fresh air circulate throughout the space
- Where drapes or linens can be moved to freely flow, make adjustments
- If you happen to live in an area where bugs fly rampant, ensure those screen windows are in place
A traditional herb burning practice used to cleanse and purify a space using smoke.
- Choose herbs such as white sage, palo santo, or cedar: loose leaves or herb bundles work
- Ignite the herb bundle or loose leaves, creating smoke
- Allow the smoke to waft around the space—pay special attention to corners, doorways, and windows
- Set your intention for cleansing and invite positive energy into the space as you wave the smoke around
4. Ringing bells or chimes
A little jingle can help break up stagnant energy and create a harmonious atmosphere.
- Gather your bells or chimes
- Meander around the space, gently ringing the bells or chimes in each corner and near the entrance
- Feel free to add your own dance or fluid movement as your ring the bells throughout the area
5. Salt purification
In many traditions, salt is considered a powerful cleansing agent.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt in each corner of the room and on the windowsills
- Think consciously of what sorts of negativities you intend to rid the space of, since salt absorbs negative energy and purifies the space
6. Set positive intentions
Where thought goes, energy flows.
- As you cleanse the space, visualize the energy becoming clear and vibrant
- Set positive intentions for the palm reading party, envisioning a space filled with warmth, openness, and connection
- Focus on 2-3 areas that you’d want guests to find clarity and positivity in, and direct intentions there
7. Play soothing music
Initiate a relaxing atmosphere with supportive sounds and enhance the overall experience.
- Gentle instrumental music or nature sounds can help amplify your efforts to cleanse the space
- Before your guests arrive, choose soft, calming music to play in the background during the palm reading party
Pro Tip: Psst… try these playlists:
- Tarot & Oracle Music & Ambience - YouTube
- A Song for Every Tarot Card - Spotify
- Tarot Reader's Room Ambience - YouTube
Remember, cleansing a space is a personal practice, and you can modify the steps according to your beliefs and preferences. The most important aspect is to approach the process with a positive mindset and intention to create a welcoming and energetically balanced environment for your palm reading party.
Set your aura and channel vibrations in style with exclusive discounts. Check out your amazing member perks today.
Try these ideas with this gathering by Partyrick: Cozy Tarot, Palm, or Tea Reading
Cozy, delicious, nostalgic — we capture all those fall feels with our harvest party. Bring in the new season with a get-together that relishes drinks and time with friends.
Get in that spooky season spirit by gathering the crew to carve pumpkins. Sharpen your knives, it's time to carve!
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Holiday Hosting with Heather Taylor Home
Get ready to host a festive holiday party a la Heather Taylor Home. Embrace the cozy charm of the season with some of her favorite hosting products, recipes, tips, and tricks!
Diwali Party: Festival of Lights
Bright lights, florals, and connections – everything you need to host a happy, safe, and blessed Diwali celebration.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
Embrace the fall season with good ol' fashioned fun: a little country, totally stylish, and tons of sweet treats. Make this a casual picnic or dress things up with dinner.
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Inspired by the easy comfort of brunch with best friends: full plates, tall drinks, and big laughs. This brunch is perfect for celebrations like birthdays, showers, and, just because.
Everyone's favorite excuse for two Thanksgiving dinners but it always hits differently with your chosen fam. Serve it up family-style or make it a potluck (or, do both!).
Spooky, sexy, sassy, oh my! The season of costumes is finally here — will you be a trick or a treat? A chilling gathering riddled with ghoulish apps and cauldrons of cocktails.
Embrace the vintage feel of a classic football game for the biggest field goal fans. A true touchdown for this midday outdoor gathering.
We did it! We found something your whole family can agree on: this Thanksgiving gathering is fantastic. Let this guide your holiday hosting and make your family proud.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Tacos are best any night of the week. Plan a festive dinner party and relax, knowing that you can't go wrong when tacos and margs are involved. This fiesta is sure to satisfy.
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.