How to Make Gummies for Kids
DIY easy kids activity at home
FYI: They’re gummy & yummy
Whether your little ones love unicorns, bounce houses, rainbows and donuts, dinosaurs and race cars, or all of the above… this activity for how to make gummies at home will truly bring that extra sparkle to your every day with them. Make them for a birthday party or for a Saturday afternoon at home, and watch their smiles light up.
Plus, seeing as innovative treats, keeping food simple, and personalized party favors are currently #trending according to evite’s expert party planners—and not going away anytime soon—we think adding gummies to this list fits right in.
What we love about this:
- Making gummies together promotes health and wellness for kids. Get them involved early in the kitchen to encourage help later as they grow.
- Clean health: No preservatives and gelatin is high in protein.
- Try a variety of juices for a fresh take every time! Popular juice choices are tart cherry, kombucha, or of course whatever juice your kiddos like best.
Whip up some gummies, snap photos of your kids’ big smiles and full mouths, and tag @partytrick to be featured on our page.
These gummies are great to make at home anytime, or pair with one of these parties by Partytrick:
If you’re planning a party for kids, and wishing you had more activities, crafts, playtime ideas, or just want a fresh spin on the annual birthday party, take a look at our team of creatives’ top ideas below.
Ideas for a Kids Party
Since we're in the spirit of entertaining kids wtih gummies, if you need ideas of what to do with a slew of kids, look no further.
- DIY craft party: Set up a DIY craft station with a variety of supplies and let the kids get creative. You could provide materials for making friendship bracelets, decorating t-shirts, creating their own jewelry, or making their own slime. See a plethora of craft ideas below.
- Backyard carnival: Turn your backyard into a mini-carnival with games like ring toss, balloon darts, and a bean bag toss. Setting up a face-painting station or a photo booth would be major kid-pleasers here as well.
- Cooking party: Plan a party where the kids can make their own pizzas or decorate cupcakes. This is a great way to get kids involved in the party planning and let them have fun while learning some new cooking skills.
Pro Tip: Take care of the oven-handling yourself and with your bff sous chef...but you knew that already.
- Treasure hunt: Set up a treasure hunt in your backyard or neighborhood. Create a map with clues that lead to the treasure, and have the kids work together to solve the clues and find the treasure.
- Movie night: Host a movie night in your backyard or living room. Set up a projector and screen, provide popcorn and snacks, and let the kids choose the movie.
Pro Tip: Try out our Popcorn Bar by Partytrick to make all your kids’ (or yours, let’s be honest) popcorn dreams come to life.
Top Kids Movies:
- The Lion King (1994): The classic Disney film tells the story of a young lion named Simba who must learn to overcome his fears and become a leader. It has memorable songs and beautiful animation.
- Toy Story (1995): This Pixar film was the first feature-length computer-animated film and tells the story of a group of toys that come to life when their owner isn't looking. It's a fun and heartwarming story about friendship and loyalty.
- The Wizard of Oz (1939): This classic musical has been entertaining children for over 80 years. It tells the story of a young girl named Dorothy who is transported to a magical world where she meets new friends and goes on an adventure to find her way home.
- Frozen (2013): This Disney film is about two sisters, Elsa and Anna, who must save their kingdom from an eternal winter. It has catchy songs, beautiful animation, and a heartwarming story about the power of love.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001): This film is the first in the Harry Potter series, based on the beloved books by J.K. Rowling. It tells the story of a young boy who discovers he is a wizard and goes to a magical school called Hogwarts.
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982): This classic film by Steven Spielberg tells the story of a young boy who befriends an alien and helps him return to his home planet. It's a touching story about friendship and love.
- The Princess Bride (1987): This classic fairytale has something for everyone: romance, adventure, humor, and action. It's a charming and witty story about true love and courage.
- Science party: Set up science experiments for the kids to explore, like making slime, creating a volcano, or making their own bouncy balls. This is a fun way to encourage curiosity and learning in a party setting.
- Outdoor adventure: Plan a day trip to a local nature reserve, zoo or theme park. Kids love adventure, and this can be a great way to bond with your child and their friends while creating lasting memories.
- Karaoke party: Set up a karaoke machine and let the kids sing their hearts out. You could also provide props and costumes for them to use while they perform.
Top 10 Karaoke Songs for Kids
- Let It Go - Frozen
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Dancing Queen – Abba
- Baby Shark – PinkFong: Careful with the replay on this one… you’ve been warned!
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles: A classic, so you and yours can enjoy it too.
- A Whole New World – Aladdin
- Happy – Pharrell Williams: This, too, may get stuck in your head. But it’s happy, and makes the kids happy too.
- How Far I’ll Go – Moana: Start them dreaming and adventuring young.
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake: The Trolls made it famous, and we can’t lie… we love it too.
- The Greatest Show — The Greatest Showman: Again, we are here for the dreamers, the arts, and inspiring the kids to go after what they want.
For other ideas of what sorts of crafts to make with your kids, we’ve chimed in with a few here:
Easy Craft Ideas with Kids
- Paper crafts: You can make all kinds of fun things with paper, such as origami animals, paper airplanes, paper dolls, and more. You can also try paper mache, where you make a shape out of paper and then cover it with a paste made from flour and water to create a 3D shape.
- Friendship bracelets: There are many different techniques for making friendship bracelets, from simple braiding to more complex patterns. You can use different colors of embroidery floss to create unique designs.
- DIY slime: Slime is a fun and sensory activity that kids love. You can make slime using a variety of ingredients such as glue, borax, cornstarch, shaving cream, and more. There are plenty of easy-to-follow tutorials online that show you how to make different kinds of slime.
- Painted rocks: This is a fun outdoor activity where kids can collect rocks and paint them with colorful designs. They can create characters, animals, or abstract patterns, and then use them as decoration in the garden or as paperweights on their desk.
- Beading and jewelry making: Kids can make their own necklaces, bracelets, and earrings using beads, wire, and other materials. This is a fun activity that helps develop fine motor skills and creativity.
- Playdough: Kids can make their own playdough using flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and food coloring. They can then shape the dough into different shapes and figures and use it for imaginative play.
- DIY tie-dye: Tie-dyeing is a fun and messy activity that kids love. You can use tie-dye kits or create your own dye with food coloring and vinegar. Kids can dye t-shirts, socks, or even canvas shoes.
At this point, you may be covered for your kids’ parties for years to come. Bookmark this one for later, since we really do think that DIY tie-dye, kids karaoke, and making gummies at home aren’t going away anytime soon.
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Coastal Caviar Clambake
The Caviar Co. quintessential summer evening filled with seafood, hydrangeas and the glow of the firepit.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Dragons Love Tacos
A birthday party chock full of tacos, dragons, and adorable tributes to the NY Bestselling picture book, “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri.
Rosh Hashanah Dinner
Shana Tova! Host family and friends to celebrate Rosh Hashanah with sweet fall flavors and decor. A mix of classic and contemporary dishes and drinks your guests will rave about all year long.
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Unicorns Are Real
Welcome to the party where every kiddo feels extra-special and dreams come true!
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.