Use What You Have At Home
Quick fixes to host on a last-minute notice
Like DIY, but better
The day comes when you’re not prepped and ready. You were not planning to throw a party at home, and suddenly the friends (or out-of-town relatives) are stopping by. You’re in a pinch, but you still want your home to look inviting, and dare we say chic? No stress. We have you set for what to use to decorate with what you have at home. Shoot, don’t let us hold you back from adding these to your party planning checklist for the future though. Whether hustling to make your space ready for guests or planning a party well ahead of time, these easy solutions are for you. Keep it sustainable and make it pretty.
Get the party started in style! Check out your amazing member perks.
Flower vases & the like
Because a bloom here and blossom there truly brighten every room.
1. Substitute flower vases
- Look around and start gathering!
- Use wine bottles, mason jars, tall drinking glasses, or empty candle glassware.
- Moral of the story here: You get to be creative with how you display your flowers. They don’t bite (just look out for rose thorns).
Pro Tip: Keep faux greenery, blooms, jasmine branches, or pampas grass on-hand for these circumstances. And for any day you want to nurture your pseudo-green thumb.
2. Utilize small bowls and ramekins
- Your new home for floating buds or candles
- Fill them with nuts, seeds, mints, or a sweet. Easy decor, and functional too.
3. Potato chip tins... stay with us
Your empty chip tin can do more than you think. Use it as an ice bucket, fill it with flowers, or throw the champagne in it and you are set.
4. Repurpose tin cans
- Use as flower vases, cutlery holders, rolled napkins, you name it.
Pro Tip: Wrap these in construction paper or ribbon. Secure with tape. If you’re outdoors, add some pebbles if wind is a factor. Weatherproof and stylized!
Encourage eye contact and convos with these friendly items. No centerpieces interfering with eye level here.
1. Bed sheet as a tablecloth
- Take your flat sheet, scrunch it up, arrange it in a swirled line down the table, add some candles, and consider your table dreamy. **Not to be confused with a bedside table.
2. Dish towels as placemats
- Fold them. Spin them on a diagonal. A little personality for every place is something more to love.
3. Garnish with the pretty things you already have
- Ribbon: Thick and multiple varieties add a new touch to your display.
- Books: Stack them on different levels, and add the following.
- Candles: For any mood you like.
- Flowers: Obviously.
- Picture frames: Sparks table convo!
Not your grandmother’s fine china.
1. One set
- Invest is one basic set of serving ware that you can use for every occasion.
- Need an idea of where to start? Hint hint.
2. Mismatched is in
- If you don't have a go-to set of flatware, lean into the mismatched theme and own it. Mix textures and colors to use what you have and flaunt your varieties of taste.
- Glassware of numerous sizes turn out quite aesthetic—choose 2-3 different water glasses for the table and you are set.
3. Serving spoons
- These are the often-forgotten yet oh-so-important piece that can finalize your time to serve.
- Pick 2-3 (or more) large serving spoons so when the time comes for big scoops, you have the big spoon.
We’re rooting for you. Next time those guests come unannounced, or your partner forgets to inform you of the people they invited over, or you simply want to elevate your space with what you already have, you are now more prepped than ever.
Membership has its party privileges! Discover your exclusive perks today.
Get in that spooky season spirit by gathering the crew to carve pumpkins. Sharpen your knives, it's time to carve!
Inspired by the easy comfort of brunch with best friends: full plates, tall drinks, and big laughs. This brunch is perfect for celebrations like birthdays, showers, and, just because.
Holiday Hosting with Heather Taylor Home
Get ready to host a festive holiday party a la Heather Taylor Home. Embrace the cozy charm of the season with some of her favorite hosting products, recipes, tips, and tricks!
Everyone's favorite excuse for two Thanksgiving dinners but it always hits differently with your chosen fam. Serve it up family-style or make it a potluck (or, do both!).
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Spooky, sexy, sassy, oh my! The season of costumes is finally here — will you be a trick or a treat? A chilling gathering riddled with ghoulish apps and cauldrons of cocktails.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Embrace the fall season with good ol' fashioned fun: a little country, totally stylish, and tons of sweet treats. Make this a casual picnic or dress things up with dinner.
Diwali Party: Festival of Lights
Bright lights, florals, and connections – everything you need to host a happy, safe, and blessed Diwali celebration.
Tacos are best any night of the week. Plan a festive dinner party and relax, knowing that you can't go wrong when tacos and margs are involved. This fiesta is sure to satisfy.
We did it! We found something your whole family can agree on: this Thanksgiving gathering is fantastic. Let this guide your holiday hosting and make your family proud.
Embrace the vintage feel of a classic football game for the biggest field goal fans. A true touchdown for this midday outdoor gathering.
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Cozy, delicious, nostalgic — we capture all those fall feels with our harvest party. Bring in the new season with a get-together that relishes drinks and time with friends.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.