Use What You Have At Home
Quick fixes to host on a last-minute notice
Like DIY, but better
The day comes when you’re not prepped and ready. You were not planning to throw a party at home, and suddenly the friends (or out-of-town relatives) are stopping by. You’re in a pinch, but you still want your home to look inviting, and dare we say chic? No stress. We have you set for what to use to decorate with what you have at home. Shoot, don’t let us hold you back from adding these to your party planning checklist for the future though. Whether hustling to make your space ready for guests or planning a party well ahead of time, these easy solutions are for you. Keep it sustainable and make it pretty.
Get the party started in style! Check out your amazing member perks.
Flower vases & the like
Because a bloom here and blossom there truly brighten every room.
1. Substitute flower vases
- Look around and start gathering!
- Use wine bottles, mason jars, tall drinking glasses, or empty candle glassware.
- Moral of the story here: You get to be creative with how you display your flowers. They don’t bite (just look out for rose thorns).
Pro Tip: Keep faux greenery, blooms, jasmine branches, or pampas grass on-hand for these circumstances. And for any day you want to nurture your pseudo-green thumb.
2. Utilize small bowls and ramekins
- Your new home for floating buds or candles
- Fill them with nuts, seeds, mints, or a sweet. Easy decor, and functional too.
3. Potato chip tins... stay with us
Your empty chip tin can do more than you think. Use it as an ice bucket, fill it with flowers, or throw the champagne in it and you are set.
4. Repurpose tin cans
- Use as flower vases, cutlery holders, rolled napkins, you name it.
Pro Tip: Wrap these in construction paper or ribbon. Secure with tape. If you’re outdoors, add some pebbles if wind is a factor. Weatherproof and stylized!
Encourage eye contact and convos with these friendly items. No centerpieces interfering with eye level here.
1. Bed sheet as a tablecloth
- Take your flat sheet, scrunch it up, arrange it in a swirled line down the table, add some candles, and consider your table dreamy. **Not to be confused with a bedside table.
2. Dish towels as placemats
- Fold them. Spin them on a diagonal. A little personality for every place is something more to love.
3. Garnish with the pretty things you already have
- Ribbon: Thick and multiple varieties add a new touch to your display.
- Books: Stack them on different levels, and add the following.
- Candles: For any mood you like.
- Flowers: Obviously.
- Picture frames: Sparks table convo!
Not your grandmother’s fine china.
1. One set
- Invest is one basic set of serving ware that you can use for every occasion.
- Need an idea of where to start? Hint hint.
2. Mismatched is in
- If you don't have a go-to set of flatware, lean into the mismatched theme and own it. Mix textures and colors to use what you have and flaunt your varieties of taste.
- Glassware of numerous sizes turn out quite aesthetic—choose 2-3 different water glasses for the table and you are set.
3. Serving spoons
- These are the often-forgotten yet oh-so-important piece that can finalize your time to serve.
- Pick 2-3 (or more) large serving spoons so when the time comes for big scoops, you have the big spoon.
We’re rooting for you. Next time those guests come unannounced, or your partner forgets to inform you of the people they invited over, or you simply want to elevate your space with what you already have, you are now more prepped than ever.
Membership has its party privileges! Discover your exclusive perks today.
Unicorns Are Real
Welcome to the party where every kiddo feels extra-special and dreams come true!
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Rosh Hashanah Dinner
Shana Tova! Host family and friends to celebrate Rosh Hashanah with sweet fall flavors and decor. A mix of classic and contemporary dishes and drinks your guests will rave about all year long.
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in.
Coastal Caviar Clambake
The Caviar Co. quintessential summer evening filled with seafood, hydrangeas and the glow of the firepit.
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Dragons Love Tacos
A birthday party chock full of tacos, dragons, and adorable tributes to the NY Bestselling picture book, “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri.
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.