Big Game Hosting Must-Dos
Football season rolls to an end…
Touching down with the best bites & bits
The Big Game goes down on February 12th, and you can bet that TVs everywhere will be airing the Kansas City Chiefs taking on the Philadelphia Eagles. Whether you’re a tried and true football fan or are the classic friend joining in the festivities solely for the halftime show or the snacks, we’ve gathered the top tips for hosting. If you’re looking to throw a party at home for the Big Game, or help your friends out with a party planning guide specific to the game…look no further. No need to throw a hail Mary when you’re taken care of with these game-winning hacks.
Ease your prep with these few items, which you likely already have laying around and will undoubtedly use again and again.
- Crock pot or instant pot: Let those mini sausages simmer all game long.
- Coolers or tubs: All the easier to grab drinks from.
- Bags of ice: Lots of these…keep the drinks cold and the cheers loud.
- Disposable dishes: Whether your team wins or loses (or you really don’t have any skin in the game), no need to end the day loading the dishwasher.
What to eat
The real reason for throwing a party for the Big Game.
- Buffalo chicken dip: A major crowd pleaser. Hands down.
- Hawaiian roll sliders: Hack—prepare these in groups of Hawaiian roll squares, so you’re not actually prepping each slider individually. Win, win.
- Loaded fries: No words necessary.
- Crudite board: A fresh crunch to ease up the cheese. GF & V.
- Cauliflower Wings: Use your airfryer (or oven) for this crowdpleaser. Also GF & V.
What to drink
It’s of the utmost importance to stay hydrated while in the midst of football.
- Beergaritas: Your Big Game specialty drink
- Coors Light & Miller Lite: Would it be American football without smashing a few of these?
- Sparkling water: For the ones who don’t want to sip beer but still enjoy something cold and refreshing.
- Bottled water: Up to you, really, but after the fans have pounded a few beers… water’s never a bad idea. They just likely won’t think of it unless it sits right in front of them.
What to play
Besides a friendly game of 2-hand-touch at halftime of course…
- Touchdown Jello Shots: Whip up jello shots in red and green (for the Chiefs and Eagles, respectively). Each time a team scores, your party takes shots in the according color. Brain power not required here.
- Bingo x Commercials: Fill out bingo cards with topics you would put money on would be in this year’s commercials. Think: Chips, soda, deodorant, home insurance.
- The Classic Betting Squares: For those of you who thought you had no skin in the game, think again.
- For more ideas, check these out.
Hosting items specific to football
No decor needed for hosting the game since eyes will be on the screen, but adding in sporty touches to the servingware brings that extra touch. Like the extra point, but for hosting.
- Serving trays: For a display the fans will rave about.
- Inflatable football cooler: If it comes out once a year from now until forever, it’s worth it.
- Snack tray: Like a happy meal for grown-ups, really
- Condiment dish: Because watching the Big Game is really about the dips and sauces.
- Football Koozie: If you want to guarantee that your cooler is empty by the end of the game.
Touchdown. Extra points. Field goals. 10-yard penalty. Flag on play. Now we’re just showing off… Those are a few words to add to your vocabulary before the Big Game. That way, you can show off with your hosting skills with a side of football terms. Go team go.
Score a hosting touchdown when you try these out with the Soup-er Bowl party by Partytrick.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Dragons Love Tacos
A birthday party chock full of tacos, dragons, and adorable tributes to the NY Bestselling picture book, “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Rosh Hashanah Dinner
Shana Tova! Host family and friends to celebrate Rosh Hashanah with sweet fall flavors and decor. A mix of classic and contemporary dishes and drinks your guests will rave about all year long.
Unicorns Are Real
Welcome to the party where every kiddo feels extra-special and dreams come true!
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in.
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Coastal Caviar Clambake
The Caviar Co. quintessential summer evening filled with seafood, hydrangeas and the glow of the firepit.
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.