How to Make a S’mores Board
Pass the ‘mallows
Dare we say it…you’re gonna want s’more!
Wherever people are gathered around a fire, s’mores are pretty much an essential. Grahams, marshmallows, and of course chocolate are no-brainers for this sticky treat. But who knew you could make even a s’mores board so delicious you might not want to eat it? (We did!) Here’s our best advice on crafting this delicious board:
Start with your campfire! If you don’t have a backyard firepit, we love cute tabletop options. Here are two we like best:
What you need:
- Graham crackers: regular, cinnamon, chocolate
- Marshmallows - Tip: get fancy and explore with cinnamon, caramel pumpkin, nutella or strawberry flavors.
- Chocolate - Tip: higher milk content melts easier. Chocolate disks are also a great route to go. Even mixing things up by having both milk and white chocolate will make your s’mores board the one everybody remembers.
- Serving tray - Tip: etsy makes super cute wooden s'mores specific trays if you have extra space lying around for something specialty.
- Roasting sticks
- Skewers for display or picking toppings
Add on with any (or all) of these toppings:
- Reese’s peanut butter cups (or almond butter alternative)
- Hershey’s cookies ‘n’ creme bars
- White chocolate bars
- Yogurt covered pretzels
- Sliced apples
- Ritz crackers
- Cookie wafers
Ideas for spreads in bowls:
Spoon these into bowls for guests to spread on their graham crackers.
- Nut butter
From here, you know what to do! Envision a charcuterie design, but s’mores edition! Arrange the goods in groups, swirl a nice line of marshmallows, spread a nutella or cookie butter in a bowl, and watch your guests’ mouths water.
Honestly, there’s really no wrong way to build a s’mores board. When you have chocolate and some savory add-ons, you’re ‘second to the right, and straight on till morning,’ as Peter Pan would say. May the s’mores board channel the kid inside of us all that will never grow up!
For more hosting tricks, join the party!
A gender-neutral baby shower down on the Savanna.
Embrace the funny, nostalgic, and romantic moments that come with a solid movie night with your pals. Make this a cozy night in with yummy apps and classy drinks.
Our take on an evening rolling your own sushi, sipping tea and sake, and basking in a serene setting inspired by Japan.
Dinner for Two
A romantic night in with your Valentine.
Inspired by the easy comfort of brunch with best friends: full plates, tall drinks, and big laughs. This brunch is perfect for celebrations like birthdays, showers, and, just because.
A special brunch to celebrate Valentine's Day with the lovely ladies in your life.
Throw on those argyle sweaters and ski bunny puffers to enjoy some cocktails that rival a black diamond. This is a late night cocktail party sure to impress.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.