Style Your Tablescape with Cactus
Spike up your centerpiece with cactus plants
…and spike your margarita while you’re at it
Looking for a surefire way to keep guests from messing with your tablescape? Kidding, but kinda not. This plant species is one you don’t want to mess with. Our latest centerpiece thrill is using cactus plants (cacti, if you will). Not only do they add an element of Southwest flair to your table, but they're also low maintenance and easy to care for. Think about using cactus to set your next tablescape for Taco Tuesday, a summer gathering, or any outdoor bbq. Here’s how to get started.
What to shop for:
- Head to your local nursery.
- Choose a variety of cacti with different shapes and sizes. This will add interesting elements to your arrangement. Pick 20-30 mini plants for your table.
- Pick out Terracotta vessels or plain white pots to house the cacti.
How to create a cactus centerpiece:
- Trim the spines off the cacti before placing them in the arrangement, if the nursery didn’t. This will make them safer to handle and less prickly.
- Group pots in clusters down the center of your table. Mix up shapes, sizes, and vary cacti with succulents.
- Use stones or other decorative elements to accent the arrangement.
- Add votives and brightly colored candles. You know your Southwestern theme can never be too colorful.
- Throw in some festive plates and napkins and pour yourself a margarita.
- Gift the plants to guests at the end of the night—or keep in your home to reuse over and over.
The best party of these? Cactus tablescapes are something you can keep and use again and again… because Taco Tuesday is better when it happens over and over. Can you tell we just want Taco Tuesday to keep happening? Bottomless tacos, yes please.
A retro Christmas shindig with all the flair! Bright pops of color, metallic sheen, irresistible dishes and drinks that will make you flip your lid!
(Gingerbread) House Party
Oh Snap! Kids and adults alike will love getting together to build and decorate gingerbread houses to get in the holiday spirit! Playing with your food knows no age.
Where a cozy fire and shimmery linens go hand-in-hand to bring to life that perfect winter gathering. Start off the season of 'get togethers' with classic cocktails and a warm, wintry fireplace.
Fa La La La Festivities
We lean into the red, green, and festive traditions with no shame — just jolly. Plan for cocktails and heavy apps if you're feeling up for this holiday gathering.
Throw on those argyle sweaters and ski bunny puffers to enjoy some cocktails that rival a black diamond. This is a late night cocktail party sure to impress.
Cinnamon Spice and All Things Naughty and Nice
A flirty, naughty, not-nice affair. Drink an extra cocktail and you may forget Santa’s bringing you coal this year. Makes a great late-night gathering.