Style Your Tablescape with Cactus
Spike up your centerpiece with cactus plants
…and spike your margarita while you’re at it
Looking for a surefire way to keep guests from messing with your tablescape? Kidding, but kinda not. This plant species is one you don’t want to mess with. Our latest centerpiece thrill is using cactus plants (cacti, if you will). Not only do they add an element of Southwest flair to your table, but they're also low maintenance and easy to care for. Think about using cactus to set your next tablescape for Taco Tuesday, a summer gathering, or any outdoor bbq. Here’s how to get started.
What to shop for:
- Head to your local nursery.
- Choose a variety of cacti with different shapes and sizes. This will add interesting elements to your arrangement. Pick 20-30 mini plants for your table.
- Pick out Terracotta vessels or plain white pots to house the cacti.
How to create a cactus centerpiece:
- Trim the spines off the cacti before placing them in the arrangement, if the nursery didn’t. This will make them safer to handle and less prickly.
- Group pots in clusters down the center of your table. Mix up shapes, sizes, and vary cacti with succulents.
- Use stones or other decorative elements to accent the arrangement.
- Add votives and brightly colored candles. You know your Southwestern theme can never be too colorful.
- Throw in some festive plates and napkins and pour yourself a margarita.
- Gift the plants to guests at the end of the night—or keep in your home to reuse over and over.
The best party of these? Cactus tablescapes are something you can keep and use again and again… because Taco Tuesday is better when it happens over and over. Can you tell we just want Taco Tuesday to keep happening? Bottomless tacos, yes please.
Unicorns Are Real
Welcome to the party where every kiddo feels extra-special and dreams come true!
Chag Pesach sameach! We’ve got a Seder dinner plan with classic + modern Jewish foods, drinks, and traditions – so much fun you’ll want to host Seder every year (or until it’s finally next year in Jerusalem).
Whether you’re doing all the cooking yourself or asking guests to bring dishes (we love a potluck moment!), we’ve got all the inspiration you need to host a delicious, delightful Easter supper.
A Wee Little St. Patrick’s Day
Try your luck at a kid-friendly St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Embrace all the joys of Irish fare and festivity in a way that is fun for people of all ages.
Luck of the Irish
This St. Patrick's Day celebration will leave all your guests feeling lucky.
Wellness Retreat At Home
Transport yourself (and your besties) to a zen retreat to restore, realign and rejuvenate, in the comfort of your home.
Somebunny Needs a Mimosa
Spring has sprung! Put on your pretty pastels for a joyous brunch that’s fit for a family. Easter egg hunt, a scrumptious spread, and bubbly beverages, what more could you ask for?
Ways to Entertain Kids During Passover
Host a Watch Party: Succession Premiere
Host a Watch Party: Love Is Blind Premiere
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.