Beach Bonfire Must-Haves
What to pack in your beach bonfire bag
All you need for the night to be #lit
Can you smell it? Sea salt meshed with smoke and the flames of a bonfire flickering. Melting marshmallows wafting through the smoky air. The summertime smiles. Takes you back to those warm nights on the sand, waves rolling in feet away, doesn’t it? Beach bonfires are a widely loved pastime, and for good reason. They spark more than firewood. One absolute necessity when it comes to having a bonfire on the beach? Knowing how to light the fire. Which is why we gathered around this (imagine it) bonfire today.
What to take to a beach bonfire
Pack these, along with your fire lighting supply kit.
- Garbage bags
- Bug spray
- Cooler filled with ice
- Charcoals and grilling tools (if grilling)
- Disposable dinnerware and cutlery
- Skewers (for s’mores of course)
- Mini First Aid kit
- Pop-up table
- Beach chairs and pillows
- Blankets (to keep warm!)
- Cleaning wipes
- Paper towels
- Speaker (and a 🔥 playlist)
- Bin with a lid (so you can carry everything to the fire and keep sand out)
- Food storage bags or containers (to pack up leftovers)
Pro Tip: Store these things all together in your beach bin so they’re organized and ready to go.
Supplies for a bonfire
Everything you need to actually start the fire. Looking to learn how to light a fire?
- Long reach lighter
- Fire starter
- Bucket or cooler (to put out hot ashes)
- Lump charcoals (if using a fire ring)
A Few Helpful Tips
How to make your beach bonfire experience as seamless as possible.
- Prepare all your food beforehand so it is all ready to pass around when you get things set up.
- Do your best to pack light succinctly (ahem, beach bin) in order to simplify your trek through the sand.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast beforehand and dress accordingly. The beach gets an extra chill at night, even close to a lit fire.
- Remember that anything that you wear will smell like fire smoke at the end of the night.
- Do not throw any trash into the bonfire—it can be harmful to the environment and wildlife. Hence, the garbage bags.
- For food and drinks, stick to cans (no glass) and easy-open containers for a quick and easy clean-up.
Snacks to bring to a bonfire
Throw these on top of your must-have supply list that never expires
- S’mores: Marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate
- ~To spice up your s’more arrangement…How to Make a S’mores Board
- Hot dogs: convenient to cook on skewers over the flames
- Hot dog buns
- Chips, pretzels, popcorn: easy to pass around to share
- Carrots or grapes: a touch of fresh produce for finger foods
Extra Points for Stronger Flame
These playlists have your night taken care of.
If you’re needing the inside scoop on how to light a fire (and putting it out) responsibly, our team of experts has you covered. So call up the crew, scout out your beaches, and get out there to enjoy fresh air and warm summer nights. Beach bonfire time is just about here, and you are so ready for it. Go savor getting together with friends at your bonfire.
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Coastal Caviar Clambake
The Caviar Co. quintessential summer evening filled with seafood, hydrangeas and the glow of the firepit.
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Dragons Love Tacos
A birthday party chock full of tacos, dragons, and adorable tributes to the NY Bestselling picture book, “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri.
Rosh Hashanah Dinner
Shana Tova! Host family and friends to celebrate Rosh Hashanah with sweet fall flavors and decor. A mix of classic and contemporary dishes and drinks your guests will rave about all year long.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Unicorns Are Real
Welcome to the party where every kiddo feels extra-special and dreams come true!
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.