Tips for Cleaning Up a BBQ
Become the New Mr. (or Mrs.) Clean
Simplify your bbq cleanup and enjoy the party
Your bbq party was a success, based on the praise given by your guests. Likely because you followed our tutorial on how to make a bbq look good, of course. Now your next head scratcher ensues… the dreaded cleanup. Fear not, you won’t have to cringe at the thought of this with our tips to shorten and simplify the cleaning process.
Hacks to solve the party cleaning dilemma… mid party
1. Don’t wait until the end of the event to start managing the chaos. Casually picking up trash as you go will help the aftermath feel less overwhelming. Or, place a trash can or bag in eyesight so guests throw items away themselves. Here are our favorite trash holders that don’t look like, well, trash:
- Wicker laundry basket - pretty, yet does the job (for dry items, so see options below)
- Large wicker-style design trash can - your functional yet decorative trash can
- Plastic party tub - easy to hose down, great for plates with sauces etc.
2. Lighting candles throughout the event helps with food odors and makes a space seem cleaner than the way it looks.
3. Keep guests clean throughout the party by offering hand wipes (bulk or individual) in multiple spots and even placing sanitizer on the table so they can get sticky bbq sauce off their hands. Licking fingers may do the job, but this is a more sanitary approach. This will also solve the problem of sticky fingers dirtying up other surfaces. If you ever wondered if a cute, mini trash bin existed to easily dispose of wipes…it does.
- Disinfectant wipes: life saving and used on everything. Grab the whole box and get to practicing your wax on, wax off skills! Great for tables, chairs, pool floaties, decorations, any surface that was touched by the person who doesn’t use the provided hand wipes (not calling out names).
- A combo of all natural bbq cleaner spray and a tough scrub brush removes the char and grease with ease. To solidify the clean slate, a wipe of a stainless steel polish does the party trick.
The cleanup battle can be won. Instead of hours spent cleaning up a bbq after guests leave, you’ll be able to sit back and relax with a glass of wine. Check out more party planning hacks here.
Get in that spooky season spirit by gathering the crew to carve pumpkins. Sharpen your knives, it's time to carve!
Yom Kippur Break Fast
End Yom Kippur by breaking your meaningful fast with friends and family, all-white + understated decorations, and a bountiful menu whether you’re a bagel or dumplings home.
Embrace the vintage feel of a classic football game for the biggest field goal fans. A true touchdown for this midday outdoor gathering.
We'll make sure you stock up on way more than marshmallows. Keep this casual as an everyday backyard BBQ or, turn it into cocktail hour.
Cozy Book Club
Cozy up with brunch, books, and besties for this Book Club Brunch. It’s sure to be a bestseller with your guests.
Tacos are best any night of the week. Plan a festive dinner party and relax, knowing that you can't go wrong when tacos and margs are involved. This fiesta is sure to satisfy.
We did it! We found something your whole family can agree on: this Thanksgiving gathering is fantastic. Let this guide your holiday hosting and make your family proud.
Embrace the fall season with good ol' fashioned fun: a little country, totally stylish, and tons of sweet treats. Make this a casual picnic or dress things up with dinner.
Famous Couples Soirée
Grab your better half (or your bestie) and pair up as an iconic duo for this chic and moody Halloween party!
Everyone's favorite excuse for two Thanksgiving dinners but it always hits differently with your chosen fam. Serve it up family-style or make it a potluck (or, do both!).
Inspired by the easy comfort of brunch with best friends: full plates, tall drinks, and big laughs. This brunch is perfect for celebrations like birthdays, showers, and, just because.
Cozy, delicious, nostalgic — we capture all those fall feels with our harvest party. Bring in the new season with a get-together that relishes drinks and time with friends.
Miami Bachelorette Party
Pack your bags ladies.... because it’s time to celebrate the future Mrs. in perfect Miami style! The vibes and vices are high, literally, for this Miami Vice-themed affair. This weekend is all about bright colors, good times, and your bridal bffs. Cheers to a weekend you won’t forget!
Diwali Party: Festival of Lights
Bright lights, florals, and connections – everything you need to host a happy, safe, and blessed Diwali celebration.
Spooky, sexy, sassy, oh my! The season of costumes is finally here — will you be a trick or a treat? A chilling gathering riddled with ghoulish apps and cauldrons of cocktails.
Holiday Hosting with Heather Taylor Home
Get ready to host a festive holiday party a la Heather Taylor Home. Embrace the cozy charm of the season with some of her favorite hosting products, recipes, tips, and tricks!
Take your guess, boy or girl? You’ll find out soon at the sweetest gender reveal featuring Art of Sucre's Gender Reveal Glitter Bombs. Nosh on delicious pastries or a light lunch while mingling with friends and family all while celebrating your little loved one to-be.
Inspired by warm cider, crackling fireplaces, the crisp autumn air, and eating in candlelight. Plan this late night party to warm up the season with seasonal apps and spiced drinks.
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.